I spied this vintage evening gown in the charity shop window and was ecstatic when they sold it to me for only €1!
This gorgeously coloured piece of historic glam was gathered and draped at every seam, fit awkwardly and had a gross rubbery lining in the sleeves however it also had a fabulous sequin sash detail that I completely adored.
You guys came up with loads of groovy refashioning ideas to help me transform that bulky dress into this stunning piece of awesomeness:
Here’s how I did it:
The first step was to carefully remove those rubber lined sleeves.
Then I chopped it to my desired length + seam allowance.
Hemmed up the lining.
Hemmed up the raw edge of the skirt.
Separated 2 of the panels from the chopped skirt length.
Stitched each one into a tube with right sides facing then flipped them right side out to create a couple of sheer sleeves.
Popped the sleeves into the armholes with right side facing and raw edges lined up.
Stitched them together.
For a fab finishing touch I hand stitched some silver beads along the wrapped bodice fabric and stitched the end of that hanging sash to the side seam.
The perfect glam green frock for St.Patrick’s Day!