Remember that fabulous but not great fitting thrifted vintage dress that I needed your refashionista advice for?
I’m pleased to present the groovy results:
I mixed and matched bits from your fab ideas and created a fitted yet flowy maxiskirt and an adorable cropped blouse!
Here’s how I did it:
The 2% (heavy) metal in this vintage frock managed to break 4 needles! Ack!
First, I removed the side zipper and stitched the resulting holes in the lining and dress fabric closed.
Then I carefully removed the skirt portion of the dress.
And chopped the lining to my desired length for the inside of the cropped blouse.
Hemmed the lining.
Bound the raw edge of the blouse.
I love how the prim and proper neckline and sleeves are now balanced out by the crop!
I snagged the remaining bottom of the dress and an old denim skirt.
Then revisited my oldie but goodie video tutorial from 2013 to create that marvelous maxiskirt!
’tis always hilarious to look back at my first attempts at video production and see just how much I’ve improved!
Two fancy new wardrobe additions from one thrifted vintage dress!