If you love the 80s & 90s, thrift shops, awesomely easy accessory DIYs and secondhand outfit inspiration then you’ll go completely gaga over Hannah Rupp, the ultra charming preloved style maven behind The Outfit Repeater!
Discover how this delightful darling of the thrift haul world got started, her top thrifting tips and find just why I’m Totally Smitten with The Outfit Repeater!
My blog originally started when I finished high school back in 2009 because none of my friends loved fashion like I did so I wanted a place to share my style.
As I blogged more and more, I learned a lot about myself and the community and so I re-branded in 2015 becoming The Outfit Repeater. That’s when I started using my unique gift for thrifting and fashion to create the space you see today!
Hannah’s Top 5 Thrifting & DIY Tips:
1. Thrift your craft supplies but don’t always pick them from the obvious “craft” section of the store. Explore the home goods for uncommon materials or browse the clothes for garments with quirky buttons or embellishments you can upcycle.
2. Like with craft supplies, don’t expect to find all your clothes in one department. Look all over the store in every size for something special to wear. Mens blazers, little boys t-shirts, or you might even find cool accessories in the girls department!
3. Save when you can! I do this by shopping on sale days, looking out for color tag specials, and taking advantage of stores that offer discounts for seniors (hi, mom!) or students. Every little bit helps when since the prices are on the rise!
4. As far as crafting goes, a can of spray paint will make anything look better! Half of the decor in my room was thrifted and then given the spray paint treatment. Plus it’s an almost instant update that’s goof-proof!
5. Not quite a thrifting tip but I believe you can create good karma by donating your unwanted goods to a thrift store. No good deed goes unnoticed so I have a feeling you’ll find something special the next time you go after a big donation!
Are you an eco-fashion warrior, thrifty style guru, upcycling star or refashionista? Get in touch, introduce yourself and be featured in an upcoming Totally Smitten With!