I discovered phenomenal beauty guru Liz Bumgarner a couple of years ago while searching for DIY hair dos to help tame my unruly locks and since then she’s been my go to online hair and make-up artist.
Get to know Liz and discover for yourself why I’m Totally Smitten with Queen Lila:
Queen Lila began in 2007 when I discovered knitting and crochet and wanted to share my crafts with my family and friends who lived far away. Since I am never content with only one skill and get bored easily, I got into pretty much every craft skill there is: embroidery, sewing, paper crafts you name it, I’ve done it!
Fast forward to 2016 when I finally decided to change direction and focus more on beauty and more specifically empowerment through beauty. So today Queen Lila is about raising awareness and changing women’s perceptions about personal beauty. Giving them the tools and education to experiment with new techniques, looks and products that will allow them to feel good and empowered by their individuality. Creating a community of like-minded women who appreciate their beauty and feel good within their own skin.
Liz’s Top 5 Beauty Tips:
1. Never rub the ends your hair when shampooing. Just adding shampoo to the roots is sufficient. The
ends will get clean when you rinse.
2. Use some tape on the edge of your eye to help you get a super crisp eyeliner flick.
3. Use concealer 1 or 2 shades lighter with a peach undertone to brighten up the under eye area.
4. Coloured mascara like blue or green is a great and easy way to spice up your eye makeup!
5. Never let what people think or tell you make you stop experimenting and having fun with your hair,
makeup or style!
Eυχαριστώ Πάρα Πολύ Liz!
A massive Canadian bear hug and big Greek kiss to Liz for sharing her story and groovy tips!
Head on over to Queen Lila for some awesome DIY beauty inspiration for your inside and out and feel fab in the skin you’re in! And be sure to check out her amazing portfolio on her professional hair and make-up artist site too!
Click a photo above for my Queen Lila tutorial attempts!