Make informed decisions about your wardrobe with The (un)ethical fashion scoop:
– The Global Hobo brilliantly dissects H&M’s autumn 2016 collection ad – fast fashion empowers women? I think not.
– Shannon Whitehead, founder of Factory 45 (an accelerator program that takes sustainable apparel companies from idea to launch), shares 5 truths the fast fashion doesn’t want you to know with HuffPo.
– Alden Wicker takes a look at why fast fashion consumers snub their noses at ethical brands and those who support them with I don’t buy fast fashion and people hate me for it.
– The Phuket News documents just how little fast fashion factories have changed since the Rana Plaza tragedy.
– NPR breaks down the incredibly high turnover of throwaway fashion which has led consumers to expect to be able to buy cheap new garments anytime they desire.
– The True Cost, a brilliant documentary that exposes that dark underbelly of the fashion industry, is currently available on Netflix.
– EcoWatch explains how Fast Fashion Is the Second Dirtiest Industry in the World, Next to Big Oil.
– My Devil’s Advocate of Unethical Fashion answers the question: Isn’t a low wage better than no wage at all?
Disclaimer: I am not at all an expert on the big business of fast fashion however I am a concerned consumer who has chosen to learn & share as much as I can through my own personal experiences & the wealth of resources available online.