The awesomeness of Yin’s creative corner of blogland, Pretty Quirky Pants, absolutely needs to be seen to be believed. Each new upcycled project is more imaginative than the last and her refashions are wickedly stylish!
Discover the origins of Pretty Quirky Pants + learn Yin’s top thrifting & refashioning tips:
I initially started blogging late 2011 nearing the end of my Architectural studies. A good friend of mine was in fashion school at the time and had been trying to persuade me to start blogging (primarily about fashion) . I was hesitent to begin as I thought I had nothing to offer the internet and was quite camera shy, so I started with a few fashion and shopping posts.
I slowly moved away from Outfit Of The Day and lifestyle posts and began posting more DIY pieces. I had learned to knit and sew a few year prior blogging and have always been crafty so it just made sense to document my love of making things.
So today, it is still, I suppose, a lifestyle blog because I spend most of my time making things!
Yin’s Top 5 Thrifting & Refashioning Tips:
1. When thrifting, find pieces that are well made with good materials.
2. Just do it. If you think that something would look better without sleeves/with a shorter hem/with some extra embellishment – just do it, waiting isn’t going to make anything happen.
3. Find the right materials and tools. This may involve waiting, which may be counteractive to my previous statement. You may have a strong idea, but if it can’t be executed without the right materials or tools, just wait and search.
4. Look for inspiration everywhere. The smallest idea can create great projects.
5. Don’t overcomplicate you projects, keep them simple. Don’t get high and mighty about your craft skills, or stylish eye, often simple projects are the best and most loved.
Tusen takk to Yin for sharing her story and refashionista tips!
Take a scroll through the delightfully named Pretty Quirky Pants and be stylishly inspired!